Tuesday, July 19, 2011

a meeting with the bishop

Well, I've finally heard back from our Stake President about going for my endowment. The bishop met with me in his office last Sunday (the 10th) and we had a good talk. President Talley thinks that I am ready, but would feel more comfortable if I would wait just 9-12 months more before he'll let me go without any question. The Bishop had known the answer for almost a month, but was having a difficult time figuring out how to let me know so that I wouldn't be upset, as he knows how much I really want to go. I put up a good face for the rest of the meeting, but once I got in my car to begin the drive home, I broke down. I have been wanting this so much, and I felt for a few moments like I was purposefully being kept from the temple just because I wasn't either getting ready to be married or going on a mission. I was a little depressed for the rest of the day, but as I climbed into bed and was laying there relaxing, I had a thought. I wasn't being told that I was not allowed to go or was being kept from going, in fact it was the complete opposite. They are letting me go! I can still go to do baptisms and confirmations for the dead, and can begin participating in the rest of the temple ordinances in just 9-12 months! I was also given more time to be able to do a few more things, like lose weight, run a 5K, finish learning how to sew so I could possibly sew my own temple dress, etc. I felt a little more at ease. I do sometimes get a little sad, but try to think about the positives and keep moving forward.

So, that's where I'm at now. It's not the optimal place I was hoping for, but I'm here, and that's what matters, right? :)

No comments: