Monday, June 22, 2009

the ultimate gift of love and sacrifice








i was finally baptized on saturday and confirmed on sunday as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!!!

i have had 3 missionaries who played a major role in getting me where i am today. Elder Corneilison from Idaho, Elder Henrie from Utah, and Elder Cardenaz from Reading, California. all 3 are amazing young men and very valuable assets to the church.


saturday was so amazing. i was so nervous right up until the bishopric member dismissed everyone to go into the font room, and had the Elder and i leave first so we could get ready. i went back and forth about whether to wear my ear plugs that I have to have, which I finally did. Then i saw the Elder start to go down into the water, and this incredible wave of peace just washed over me, and stepped in. the water relaxed me even more it was so warm, and perfect. before they pulled back the curtain door, Elder Henrie and i quickly went over the hands and knees drill, and he just kinda patted/rubbed my shoulder and said he was so proud of me and not to be nervous, which meant the world to me. next thing i know i heard the clicking of the curtain door being pulled back, so i closed my eyes, he raised his hand, and started calling out my name. by then i had entered a peaceful zone but yet heard every word of his voice. when he brought his hand to my shoulder and started to lean me back, i bent my knees and didn't close my eyes until my head hit the water, as i wanted to take everything that i could in all at once. i almost didn't want to come out of the font. as i stepped out of the font, i felt so heavy from the water dripping off, but at the same time i felt light as air. i kept peeking back around the door's corner to look at the font again before i changed. then again as soon as i was dressed, i looked back in, and all the water was gone and the light was turned off :( i wanted to touch it one more time....i also didn't want to let go of my wet dress, or put it back in their rack. i wanted to take it home with me and keep it for the rest of my life! maybe one day i'll learn how to sew, make a nice one that's the same size, and exchange it :P

1 comment:

Zaniac said...

I love this blog!

It's not everyday there are such genuine blogs that express the everyday challenges of life-ill or not ill.

Keep up the great work! I'll be keeping tabs on your blog.

When you have time, check out mine!

Have a great day!